Soooo... Left 4 Dead...

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Soooo... Left 4 Dead...

Postby Haylie » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Played the demo. And I just have a few things to say about it.

PLAY IT.

It's free for download on Xbox Live and Steam. Granted, not for much longer, but still. I heard G4 gave it a 9.5 out of 10. The DEMO. Not even the full game.

I think it can be classified as epic.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: Soooo... Left 4 Dead...

Postby eledrien » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Yeah, it seems that everthing valve touches is gold so I had no doubt this game would not be brilliant. However, why did all of the game companies decide to release all of these games at one time, there is never enough time to play them. And around the time when all the university course work is piling up too :cry:
eledrien
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby dervivaire » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:27 pm

I have the game! It IS good, unfortunately my laptop can't play the thing without tons of lag! And that's when there's only one enemy running amok, let alone hordes of the things! :(
Diamonds may fall at eventide
But we’re still waiting for
Their light to shine
Diamonds fall at Eventide
But we still watch for
Celestial brides
dervivaire
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Haylie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Well, that just kinda sucks. I would suggest getting it for a console, but personally, I think shooters just work better on PCs, and I have seen it on the Xbox 360, and... it's just not the same.

Split-screen = fail.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Harri-chan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:48 am

I has questions.

I've been playing the Xbox a lot more recently. I always shared it with my brother, used his gamertag etc, which actually stopped me from playing some games if he was playing them too and they used some auto-save type system. He bought a PS3 though, and I've kind of taken the Xbox as my own. I got the gamertag changed too, so it's mine (had to pay for it :|)

I've mentioned before, I'm awful at shooters... I'm sooo bad at aiming. I feel as if I have the slowest reactions in the world too when playing these things, and yet I've been playing music/rhythm games for years and always been pretty good. I'd not normally be interested in a game like this.. but... I saw there's a level in an amusement park? And I suddenly want it..

But since I don't really have any friends to do co-op with, is it worth it? Can you just start a game and it picks random people to play with? I really should read up on it some more...
Harri-chan
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Helel » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:58 pm

Ickle Harri-chan wrote:But since I don't really have any friends to do co-op with, is it worth it? Can you just start a game and it picks random people to play with? I really should read up on it some more...

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Left 4 Dead, but there's a few things to keep in mind: First, you're always in a group of four characters, whether they're computers or human players, so you will always have them as support. Second, the game scales the difficulty based on how well you're doing- so if you're really good, it'll make the game easier for you until you get the hang of things.

That said, I'm not much of a fan for shooters, but I got dragged into playing Left 4 Dead a while back and really enjoyed it (regardless of how many times I died/sucked at the game overall. Fortunately, there are places where you can respawn, so as it wasn't complete game over for me). That said, we're holding off on getting L4D2 until after this semester cause otherwise, we're POSITIVE that our grades will tank like crazy if someone did get it. XD
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby ZeroForever » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:24 pm

... i should mail you a copy just to see what happens...

but either way as noted to many games atm... i'll probably get it at some point but i'm in no rush. Not surprised it's good as it's what L4D 1 should have been and that was a good game despite being half done.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)