Sad News

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Sad News

Postby Celestial_Samurai » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:49 am

For those that read, I just heard that Michael Crichton died. A very good author.
I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it.
If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
Celestial_Samurai
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Re: Sad News

Postby Xia » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:49 pm

yeah, I heard about that :/

I remember reading his books before I even really knew what the hell I was actually reading
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Helel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:01 pm

I had read about Crichton dying on some site earlier. A real shame, but he led a productive life and he will be remembered.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby eledrien » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:03 am

Really is too bad when somebody dies that still has a lot to offer. From what I have heard he still had a book and a movie adaptation he was working on. Even if you never read any of his books, the average person probably knows about ten different things he did.
eledrien
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:13 pm

The Jurassic Park series was pretty cool. I mean, the thought that they could bring back an extinct species like the dinosaurs, and put them in a zoo like park...and they were all female...how did they explain the 2nd movie with the babies. Did the T-rex have a male to mate with so she could have hatchlings?

The third one pitted the Spinosaurus versus the Tyrannosaurus Rex. They had Pteronodons and also the Raptor pack.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby ZeroForever » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:31 pm

actually they did explain it as they state 'if i remeber correctly' that they used amphibian DNA to fill in the missing DNA sequences and apparently the dino's adopted amphibians ability to switch sex in order to propagate in situations of gender imbalances in the population.

either way i heard about it, kinda sad though honestly i haven't followed his works in a while.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)