Code Geass Finale Spoilers

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Code Geass Finale Spoilers

Postby Kether » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:12 pm

...So anyone else think Lulu pulled a final Miracle at the end? On the one hand it seems fairly obvious he died..but most of the series he's essentially pulled stuff out at the last minute that he planned for even without telling his allies such.

In his death Scene he demonstrates a the "see my memories" power that C.C. and V.V. had and there's a pretty good arguement that Code doesn't activate until after you die the first time.. thus removing the Geass then.

Plus.. C.C. seemed too damned happy at the end for someone who just lost the man she loved, and every other time she was "talking to herself" she was really talking to someone else.

And the driver of the cart had his features pretty heavily obscured.
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Re: Code Geass Finale Spoilers

Postby ZeroForever » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:18 pm

yeah the end is one of those. if/when we choose to milk this we can go either way since we set it up as such so you have no definite answer at the moment.

honestly if he dies then it feels like the ultimate sacrifice, but i'm leaning towards living cause everyone is so happy go lucky in the end despite the war trauma and war crimes they all committed.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kether » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:02 pm

The thing is I don't think that anyone but C.C. knows, she really does seem far too happy at the end with how close she got there...
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Alissa of Someday » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:45 am

Well...to a certain extent that makes sense to me--I mean, that's the only way that I can see the memories magically flowing into Nunnally, but...It seems like it would be a bit out of character for Lelouch to live on. I got the feeling that he rather wanted to die. Dunno...
Of course, given the number of times that the writers seemed to have changed their minds about things in R2, they could just be messing with us...>_>
Alissa of Someday
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Kether » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Alissa of Someday wrote:Well...to a certain extent that makes sense to me--I mean, that's the only way that I can see the memories magically flowing into Nunnally, but...It seems like it would be a bit out of character for Lelouch to live on. I got the feeling that he rather wanted to die. Dunno...
Of course, given the number of times that the writers seemed to have changed their minds about things in R2, they could just be messing with us...>_>

On the one hand he seems at peace with his actions....

On the other hand it seems in character for him to be completely and utterly at the same point as the Audience (Oh my god I am screwed!) then the whole thing turns around with his "I PLANNED FOR THIS BITCHES" such as when he went to go meet Suzaku at the Shrine.

Plus I think it best explains C.C.'s mood in the last few episodes
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Helel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:19 am

From the way I'm reading into what happened, I think Lulu actually did die. Why? Because the finality of his death further adds to the overall significance of his sacrifice to those he loved and the world as a whole.

However, with regards to CC in the final scene, I think there's a good chance he just passed onto the World of C where he could be with his one real love: Shirley. Which may be why CC can still communicate with him. That and when CC was addressing Lulu, I have the feeling that she would have turned to face the driver if that were him. Or something like that. Regardless, CC remains the silent observer to the world, granted she seems more pleased with how things are than before, obviously.

So bottom line? Physically, he's dead as a doorknob. Spiritually or whatever, I think he's returned to the World of C to be with Shirley and the others he's lost with time, while the world builds upon the peace that he laid the groundwork for by being the demon to be terminated.

Meanwhile, Suzaku who is 'technically dead' serves the role of the liberator and guide to the World by being Zero.

And stuff.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Kether » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:34 am

I can accept that version, but there is one question, why does Nunnally know everything at the end just by touching him?
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby ZeroForever » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:28 pm

ew.. shirley...

as for how nunnually who knows, it's prob the memory transfer capabilities that the code has shown to do, but honestly... who knows, doubtful they'll ever explain it.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Helel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:38 am

ZeroForever wrote:ew.. shirley...

as for how nunnually who knows, it's prob the memory transfer capabilities that the code has shown to do, but honestly... who knows, doubtful they'll ever explain it.

From what I've heard, that's basically what people have come up with, but obviously it's not something that can be set in stone since Code Geass is over, unless some supplemental material is released.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)