Dinosaur King

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Dinosaur King

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:04 pm

Dinosaur King reminds me so much of Pokemon, with some of the voice actors/actresses lending their voices to the characters:

The D-Team is led by our main protagonist, Max Taylor, voiced by Ash Ketchum's VA, Veronica Taylor. She also voices one of the head villain's grandkids, Rod.
His Dinosaur is Chomp, a Triceratops and uses Lightning attacks l(Move Cards) ike Electric Charge, and Lightning Spear.

The other two supporting heroes are Rex Owen, a young blond boy, the son of one of Dr. Spike Taylor (Max's paleontologist father)'s colleagues, who has a Carnotaurus named Ace. Ace uses Wind attacks like Cyclone.

The female heroine is Zoe Drake, and her big sister, Reese, is a research scientist at the D-Lab. She pinpoints the location of the dinosaurs they are to find and the kids go off to locate the dinosaurs. Her dinosaur is Paris, a Parasolophus, and her element is grass (Nature's Blessing, Big foot Assault summons Seismosaurus) and Metal Wing summons 3 Pteranodons.

The Alpha Gang is led by Dr Z, who is voiced by the voice actor who voices James and Brock from Pokemon. He heads his three member team, the Alpha Gang, who consist of Ursula (aka the old Lady), voiced by Jessie from Pokemon, Zander (sounds like James from Pokemon) and Ed (the Meowth of the team). Helga is the strict housekeeper and makes sure the grandkids do their homework. Laura and Rod are very afraid of Helga, so they run off when she shows up. Laura's voice sounds like Misty from Pokemon, as it is the same voice actor who does Ursula and Reese in this series.

Dinosaur King is on the CW4KIds (Channel 18 in my area). It's the Kids WB, whom 4Kids bought out. Yes, the same 4kids who extremely edited Tokyo Mew Mew, One Piece, and other anime.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)