Mabinogi: Fantasy Life (f2p MMO w/ cash shop)

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Mabinogi: Fantasy Life (f2p MMO w/ cash shop)

Postby Lanzerus » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:57 am

Okay, sorry if i haven't been quite so frequent on the board, it got caught up in...something else, something that strikes a deep chord XD

anyway, onto the topic:

mabinogi is an awesome game that is more player-reactive than most games, it allows real-time combat skills, and indepth storyline, Awesome graphics and skill design, it uses a AP + rank set up for skills.

The Character creation process is a real treat for those MMO players that like having a character that is more interesting than the rest, with tons of free to play options and even more P2p options for those that are willing to pay a small fee ($9.50). Amoung these features of them are the typical, gender, eye/hair color and style. But something NEW this game has to offer is AGE, thats right, you can choose your characters starting age (10 - 17) and each week you character has a birthday.

after you have gotten your character created you are found inside a white area that (even to me.) is still unexplained where you meet with your first NPC, Nao, a young looking character that looks like a foreigner to the original creators of the game (they were korean, so she has blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin), she tells you that you are ready to step into the world or Eir.

as soon as you say you are ready and expecting a nice slow ride into the world, you don't you are instantly thrown into The world of Eir, where you have to talk to another person and recieve a a weapon and a very helpful assisten Eiry, a fairy that you can get answers and helpful tips from, Eiry takes the form of a sword that is reffered to as 'your spirit weapon'.

Mabinogi is a Fairly large place with some small villages like Tir Chonail, and some large towns like Emain Machen. but in this Online world , like our lovely planet they have actual weather conditions, like rain and nighttime. each adding different bonuses for certain things.

BUT the feature of this game that i think is the best some thing that also tends to hit me quite deep for being a museomanic is, the ability to compose and play your own music in game!

and don't worry about lag, because i run this game on an old junker of a laptop and it runs fine (except for the occasional random shut down) and all it takes is signing up with Nexon and downloading the client for the game and you are all set, then you are free to be what ever you want ingame, if you want to be a midget 10-year-old bear slayer, go for it, an 18 year old farmer? go for it! the possiblites with this game are endless.

so, yeah, that is some of the reason (and other misc virus issues) that have prevented me from posting adequately.
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)