Favorite transformation

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Favorite transformation

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:37 am

The transformation doesn't necessarily have to be TG.

There are a bunch of games that I've been thinking about, but I haven't really been able to decide what I like most yet. That's mostly because I'm sure that I haven't remembered everything yet, and I might miss a good one. Heck, I've probably missed out on something good that's in a game that I've never played, so...

At the moment I definitely know that the shaman transformations in Breath of Fire 2 is among my favorites. Another one is the Dark sun in Disgaea 2.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: Favorite transformation

Postby Nylena » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:43 am

Definitely the dragon transformations of Breath of Fire. Does body switching count at all?
There's a computer game I played where you wake up as a cyborg with no memory and through the course of the game find out who you were(who you were depended on things you did during the game) called Bioforge, which I enjoyed immensely.

I bet, if it had made the transition to US shores, that I would have enjoyed Project Altered Beast a lot.

My favorite transformation game, though, would have to be...Bad Mojo: The Roach Game. Yes! Get your "Ewwww"s ready, it's a game where you play an entomologist named Roger Samms who is living in an apartment above a seedy waterfront bar and he's about to make for the islands with his research grant. He's just about to go when he realizes he almost forgot a locket in the form of an insect totem that was supposed to be his mother's(she died during child birth and his father gave him up for adoption).

When he picks it up it starts to glow and there's a flash of light and a crackle of energy and a cockroach aura surrounds him. He screams and falls to the ground, unconscious. When he awakens he's a cockroach hiding in a drain in one of the bar/apartment's rooms. From this point on you play him as a roach on a journey to piece together his past and, hopefully, discover what is truly important in life.

The game is full of friends and dangers. Friends in the form other insects and various animals who will help you through the quest as well as deadly spiders, a roaming cat and a vicious rat, among others. And, of course, your landlord. Hey, you can crawl all over his face while he's asleep! As a matter of fact...you can crawl EVERYWHERE in this game.
"Dragon Lady takes you by the heart
Try to run but before you start
Dragon Lady's got you by the heart
Dragon Lady takes you by the heart
The Dragon Lady's got you
And she won't let go...." - Blue Oyster Cult
Nylena
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Feng » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:18 pm

I think one of the coolest transformations in a Video Game is Ashley Winchester's transformation into Knight Blazer in Wild Arms 2. While I have yet to play the game I remember watching my Step Brother playing it all the time. I always used to wonder how cool it would be to transform into a demonic swordsman. Of course after watching the storyline a while I while I learned it probably isn't a pleasant experience...

Also Boomerang's transformation into Boomerang Flash in Wild ARMs Alter Code F [A game I have had the pleasure to play :D ] was pretty neat too. As if he wasn't a cool villain enough what with the theme music, now he has a Jet Pack. Sadly the fight was kind of a pushover in the new game. With Jane in the party and Rudy's Gattling the Flying Metal Demon was toast in about five rounds give or take...

Now if only I could get my Stepbrother to loan me Wild Arms 2...
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Nylena » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:44 am

Obviously you are not a Wild Arms fan.

Serge's switching with Lynx in Crono Cross count as a transformation?
Nylena
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:09 am

Who's not a fan? (Just in case...) My sister still has the first one, from when it first came out. I have two, three, four and Alter Code F. Waiting to afford five. Three is my favorite so far.

As for the switch, I would reckon that it is. I believe Lynx was an actual lynx or panther to begin with, right? It has been a while since I've played it to remember, exactly. Even so, a change in perception is still a change, don't you think? I mean, your body might as well have been transformed.

Oh, and that game where someone becomes a cockroach is odd. I guess I'm stuck on hoping to be cute girls all of the time. XD;;

As for Alter Code F, what I liked about it was that Zed could be a playable character. I find him amusing. ;/
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Nylena » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:55 am

The fan comment was meant for Feng. I haven't even played Chrono Cross but I want to. Whenever I eventually get a Playstation I'll probably buy it. Odd barely covers Bad Mojo. It's freakin' surreal! For instance, the part where you're exploring Samms' research room and the pegboard is covered with clippings of various eyes that blink or follow you when you run across them and the huge cockroach pinned to the board with a pocket knife that gives you clues as it twitches and the background music with it's freaky and disturbing chorus. Of course it's always nice to talk with a dying catfish on a cutting board next to a grease-spattered stove near rotting maggot-covered meat and....well you get the idea.
Nylena
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Feng » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:13 am

Never played WA3 although I'm told Zeikfried shows up in it. Anyone ever notices how his spear looks something Soul Edge?

That Bad Mojo game sounds creepy. I'm going to have to keep an eye open for it. Speaking of Creepy another good game for cool transformation scenes is Majora's Mask. The mask transformations are disturbing especially the Deku Mask's. The one slight disappointment for me though in that game is that there isn't any Gerudo's mask like in Ocarina of Time. That would have made the game really interesting if you ask me.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Nylena » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:41 am

You're right! Why didn't I think of it before!? The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess! Duh, an almost perfect transformation game. And if you do look for Bad Mojo, go for the re-released Redux version. It's the only game I know of with a DVD of special features.
Nylena
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:54 am

And a Link to the Past... Where Link becomes a pink bunny. X3

Oh, and another transformation that I liked was in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I was kind of disappointed by the selection of Laguz, though. But at least I had Lethe~
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Feng » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Ah yes, Bunny Link! Compared to everyone else in the Dark World it seems the poor guy got the short end of the stick... Unless you count the kid who turned into the ball that the other guy is kicking around...
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:29 pm

Or the kid that played the ocarina and later became a tree or something.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Feng » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:10 pm

Yeah. Or the talking trees themselves, the ones that like to spit bombs after people bump into them. I wonder if bombs are the Lifesavers of the Dark World and if so what flavor. Cherry Perhaps?
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Lucky » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:12 pm

Um.... hhmmmmm. I guess I don't play alot of games with transformations. But it would probly be that one fighting game were people turn into diffrent wear-[insert animals].

The girl who turns into a wear wolf kicks ass.
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Feng » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Are you talking about Animalities from Mortal Kombat?
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Shadowmaster » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:22 pm

I think that one is Bloody Roar.
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Next

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)