Query...

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Query...

Postby Haylie » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:04 pm

If I had the software, time, and resourses, would anyone disapprove of me making a video game featuring my characters (Hayata and the like) and several other people on the site (With their permission, of course)?
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Re: Query...

Postby ZeroForever » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:05 pm

well the individual characters would need the respective characters owners approval, as for the general site i don't believe it would be a issue as there have been ideas like it in the past but that would require the mods/admin's general ok.

over all i don't believe it would be a issue but better safe when it comes to stuff like that.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:33 am

If it's a game that isn't for MSF, your only recommended concern is to be polite and ask if you can use certain people (or character, or whatever) in your game. If it were planned for MSF, yeah, I'd ask the head honcho. Although the only real issue that I can see, in regard to the latter, is probably bandwidth.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Haylie » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:20 pm

Well, I don't have the software yet, and I'm not certain I'll get it either, or if I do I'll be able to make it, but I'd figure it's safer to ask permission then beg forgiveness, at least if you have a little notice. Also, I can't guaruntee TG will be a theme in there at all, but I'll give it a shot. Don't worry, I didn't plan on using other people without asking, wouldn't dream of it.

And Nikkou, I thought you were head admin?

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Me? Head admin?

*I laugh until I push up daisies*

Non, non, non, monsieur! It may appear that way because I've been so active, but I'm merely in a position of enigmatic purpose. Especially now, anyway. Eirien's calling the shots, and now that she is I'm more or less wandering around aimlessly in confusion.

Now, back to this game. Let's say that you do have the requirements to make one. Exactly what kind of game would it be? Action/adventure? RPG? Fighting? MMO? Something else?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Haylie » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:07 pm

I was thinking stealth/shooter assassin-ish game with a bit of shooting and slashing. Like a combination of Devil May Cry, Assassin's Creed, and Ninety-Nine Nights (N3): Able to jump all over the place and hide in practical places (like dumpsters, I'm thinking modern city setting), as well as do stealth kills, but if you DO get caught, it suddenly turns into a crowd-control hack-'n'-slash shooter with some really cool stunts you can do, like in DMC, but there be nearly an army of them, like N3. I'm hoping to make is so you can go anywhere in flower-box fashion, like AC (flower-box is like sandbox, but what you do has an impact on the game itself).

You could also customize the person with different clothes and hairstyles that match them (you won't be able to put Hayata into a dress, sorry) or different weapons that they might use (Hay-chan's an explosive expert, while Hayata likes large powered guns). The rest is up to the people.

I'm also thinking different modes of play, like different characters, some unlockable (like in N3), as well as playable villains. That's where MSF comes in. Like I said, I don't know how I'm gonna fit TG in there, but I'll try. Perhaps the Brotherhood as a sort of Mafia-like crime organization...

So something like action/adventure, yeah. I just have to think of a name. I'm up for suggestions to pretty much anything, or if someone wants me to use their character in there somehow, I'll try, but I make no promises.

If you have something you'd like to suggest or add, or give permission to use a person or something, either use this thread or PM me. It's still not concrete, but I can hope, right?

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Haylie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Sad news. The game's not gonna happen. At least not in the near future. However, there is some good news to be posted in the main page of the Entertainment Lounge.

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)