A little comic I made using real photos.

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

A little comic I made using real photos.

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:44 am

Ok before I get started: WARNING. THE COMIC LINKED IN THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SOME HARSH LANGAUGE. Some, but it's still there. You've been warned.

Hey there. Thought I'd share this and see if anyone finds it a bit interesting.

The story behind this is. I run an anime club. The first time we had a Chirstmas time club I threw a party. Now I got everyone gifts and was going to just hand them out when a thought came to me.

"Why just hand them out? Why not make up a story about running into anime characters and say it was them who gave me the presents?"

Now I actually thought this wouldn't be accepted openly, but to my surpise. It was a BIG hit. Everyone loved the story even though it was obvious I was making it up.

Well to top that. Next year I wrote them all 'letters' signed by various anime characters. This was also a hit, but not as big as I don't have people who enjoy public reading in my club. :/ Go figure.

Next year I tried to top it again, and taking sound clips from some anime, made an MP3 of myself 'shopping' in a mall with various anime characters and getting into weird situations.

Well it's pretty much a tradition of club, and I try to 'top' myself every year.

Well this year I didn't get much time with my internet being down. Had many ideas, but lack of 'sources' to get the desired material I'd need to pull it all off. In desperation of racking my brain I came up with one last ditch idea.

I'd get my friend and I to pose in some photo's and use them to make a comic with.

This is where we get to the point of the post. The comic was another hit at the party, but it's most likely because it was aimed at them. Still I think it may bring a chuckle to a few people, so I decide to post it up on photobucket.

Now my friend doesn't know I'm posting it here, so I'm going to have to ask you don't SAVE any of the pictures. But being this is MSF. I don't think I need to worry. I trust you all. ^_^

You'll have to hit the 'back' button to navigate the comic in order as I uploaded it in a way that photobucket would list the pages backward.

As said at the top of this post. I do use a few cuss words. So if you are offended by that. Please be warned they are in the comic.

Anyway here is the link:

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/videomaster21XX/Comic/?action=view&current=Comic1.jpg

Let me know what you think!
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Re: A little comic I made using real photos.

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:58 am

Oh yeah... If you are wondering. I'm the guy with the Sunglasses wearing the red and black jacket.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:24 am

If anyone had doubts before, your geekiness is now assured. ;p

It was amusing, though. But, really, you could have done better than those girls. XD
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:37 am

Mwahahahahaha. Are you sure you managed to kill him off? I think you should have burned the corpse just to make sure. Hm.. was that Dramacon one or two? Either way its a good little manga if I recall correctly.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:10 pm

Raleigh wrote:Mwahahahahaha. Are you sure you managed to kill him off? I think you should have burned the corpse just to make sure. Hm.. was that Dramacon one or two? Either way its a good little manga if I recall correctly.

You really don't know just how many Pikachu plushies are in my living room.

Yes that was Dramacon volume 1. I actually have all three volumes on my manga shelf. It's a very good manga, and that's why I chose it for the picture.
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:05 pm

Hee hee! That was great! I was laughing all through it. :) You did a great job. I'm still grinning. :)
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:19 pm

Now we just need to pull one off with us MSF peoples. :O You know, if we can find someone who is good at editing images of people so it looks decent when said images of people are pasted onto backgrounds and such. That'd be awesome.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)