Possible TG in Breath of Fire 2

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Possible TG in Breath of Fire 2

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:55 pm

Other than with Spar, after uniting it/him with the water shaman.

This has to do with Algernon. When you go to get the owl fruits you must first pass through a house where hunters usually live. But at this point in the game they have vanished, supposedly because of Algernon. But the last entry in the diary (belonging to one of the hunters) is evidence that whatever happened when they were lured to Algernon made it possible for one of them to still be able to make that entry into their diary after whatever happened to them.

The hunters, I gather, are all male. Algernon, at least in part, is a beautiful girl whose songs lure people to her. (I have no idea if it has any real hypnotic or enchanting effect on one or both sexes, but the hunter's diary entry does specifically suggest covering the ears.) The question is... What happened to the hunters? Where did they go if they didn't die? Well, Algernon is also accompanied by other beautiful (I'm assuming) girls (who aren't connected to big, ugly heads), who it/she summons into battle. What is interesting is that there are more of these girls that enter the battle when either of the two initial entrants are killed.

Here's my theory... Algernon has to get these other girls from somewhere, right? And the hunter's didn't die. So, the hunters became these girls. However, since they never left, it would seem like Algernon has some form of control over them, in that they maintain their free will so long as they stay within the area, or until the case of Algernon needing them.

What do you think?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:26 pm

I always thought it was like one of the takes on the Siren I once encountered. The central girl or head, the one that ugly plant thing is attached to, is the main body and actual head of the beast. The girls on either side are like buds split off from the main body connected underground. If I recall, we can't see the feet of any of the support girls that appear so I assume they come up from the ground and are used as a form of bait to lure targets to the main head so it may eat.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:16 pm

But the girls are not the bait; the one on the head is. And as far as I can tell there's nothing plant-like about anything. It just happens to be by the owl fruit for one reason or another. There's no mention about eating; Algernon just mentions something about them coming to hear her sing and then attacks. And, again, the diary points out that they didn't die, and thus didn't get eaten, or else the last part wouldn't have said, "Otherwise you will end up like us..."

And so my theory. The girls that surround Algernon do come out from the ground, but they fly and aren't connected to the ground or anything plant-like in any way. They're just flying girls who should be wearing habits. ;p The big head itself looks more like a rock with some stalactite on the bottom. The disappearance of the hunters and the origin and supply of the girls that support Algernon in battle is what my theory explains, and thus possible TG. It was the best explanation that I could come up with, with the absence of death in connection to Algernon and what the purpose of the luring could then be about.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:57 am

I see. I suppose its possible.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Lucky » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:10 pm

I tried looking up sprite sheets to see if any may shead light on this. This was all I found and guess it probly does not help.

=/

http://www.videogamesprites.net/BreathofFire2/Bosses/
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:36 pm

That's what I looked at, as well as a Youtube video, to refresh my memory surrounding the battle (since I'm passed that part, now... Again... For the hundredth time... <.<; )
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)