DnD Version 4.0....

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

DnD Version 4.0....

Postby Yellow Wizard » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:03 am

About a month ago I heard about the oncoming 4th edition of Dungeons and Dragons.
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4

Upon learning of this, I visited a few forums online to learn all I could. Sadly, the DnD insider is being rather close lipped, at least untill testing is over, and Skrye knows little. Forums are only speculation, and thus, I had to venture forth into the hobbey shops of the world, only to find that I knew more than they did based on the four videos on youtube...
the only thing my search revealed was a new race, the Eldarin. They're elves, but not.

So, for those of you interested, There's all the relevant and confirmed data on the new DnD system being implimented.

I have the Book of Nine swords, and I can say that the ability trees in that book are well thought out, so if they're stealing streight from there, we canexpect fighters to start dealing damage in the hundreds once per day.
Not sure if I like the way they're talking about nerfing wizards...
<-
So, if anyone finds new info, be sure to post it here!
"Yellow Wizard has Gained a Level..."
Yellow Wizard
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Location: Somewhere deep in the heart of the Canadian Rockies

Postby Empusa Sesshi » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:00 pm

I know Thorn's always talking about 4.0. I'm probly gonna pass on it though, I bought every 3rd ed book...don't wanna re-buy them all so soon. XD
Yeah so I'm a busty empusa...so what, keep pushin and you're gonna have a pair of bra busters too!

"His voice....fills me with a.....TERRIBLE rage." -Gaz
Empusa Sesshi
MSFer
MSFer

Location: Who knows?! Probly somewhere she's not s'posed ta be though...

Postby Meru » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:38 am

From what I've heard, they say a normal group of level 1 adventurers can fight a large group of goblins as a normal, balanced encounter. That they are increasing the power level from normal D&D to anime style power level. Which, to me, goes against what I thought of as normal D&D, where a level 1 character was only slightly above a normal person in terms of power.
"Taking advantage of male pattern baldness is about as low as you can get! I won't allow it!"-Croix from La Pucelle
Meru
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Duck » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:02 pm

What gets me is that a lotta people are dooming and glooming it, before they even know anything. Which happens every time. Just a lil peeve of mine.
Accessories

Shonen Ai Badger Badge
ANCEINT GOLD YAOI MANGA

my comic (not updated in a bit)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Art_table_of_Duck/

My DA account
http://theduckofanime.deviantart.com/
Duck
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Helel » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:22 am

Meru wrote:From what I've heard, they say a normal group of level 1 adventurers can fight a large group of goblins as a normal, balanced encounter. That they are increasing the power level from normal D&D to anime style power level. Which, to me, goes against what I thought of as normal D&D, where a level 1 character was only slightly above a normal person in terms of power.

Wow that sounds like Tolken based Exalted or something along those lines. <_<;
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Brnin8r » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:01 am

All right. I'm all up for 4th edition, but I don't think I'll be devling into it very soon considering how much money me and my gaming group poured into 3.5 edition. We've kept up to date on every book and I think we've spent around (collectively) $1500~ish on the books, minis, and other things. I like that they're improving it, but I thought that 3.5 (which is an awesome system to me) might have lasted as long as second edition did or longer.
It's not about how much dough you make -- it's about how delicious a pizza you eat at the end.

http://swalrus.deviantart.com/ An ancient dA page that is thinking about standing up again someday.
Brnin8r
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Location: In a quiet home reading quiet books about loud worlds.

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)