I Love Glitches...

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

I Love Glitches...

Postby Haylie » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Don't you? Glitches are fun.
Unless you have to restart, then they're not so fun.

My favorite glitch is the Dead Rising "Glowing Bodies" glitch. Go out into the park during free-play and stay there for awhile, and both you and zombies start glowing eerily.

What's yours? Don't be shy. Say your favorite glitch, and preferably, how to do it, but try to keep it as short as you can. Thanks!
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Krasus » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:04 am

Cant say i've experienced many glitches before. Although i had a friend who was glitched in WoW and was able stay on his flying mount inside instances. Kind of fun watching him fly over mobs to the last boss.

As for me, well my only first hand experience would be Missigno from the original Pokemon.
Krasus
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby dmalex » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:24 pm

the car in pokemon blue (dont know if its in red) was a cool glitch to me (if you can call it that)

umm, another cool glitch was in halo on assault on the control room theres a part where if you time your deaths correctly (in co-op) you could make an impossible fall (have one person die, than you die just before he respawns and he'll respond on the ground where you jumped too) anyway it cuts about 10 minutes off the level and it makes every enemie for the rest of the level dissappear (i guess you miss a trigger to up them there)
"To feel sadness is to live...
but as long as you are alive,
the future is a blank page"
dmalex
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Lucky » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:06 am

ggrrrrrr.....
BXR....

I hate BXR. WORST. GLITCH. EVAH.
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Feng » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:37 pm

My favorite glitch is from Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones. Supposedly you are able to recruit glitched enemy called McCartney who is of the 'bard' character class. He and Erika [the main heroine of the game] say some very random and occasionally funny comments when you recruit him.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Shadowmaster » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:12 pm

Is that true, and if so, how do you do it?
I am a ninja, zam.
Shadowmaster
Total Nutcase
Total Nutcase

Postby Helel » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:15 pm

Feng wrote:My favorite glitch is from Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones. Supposedly you are able to recruit glitched enemy called McCartney who is of the 'bard' character class. He and Erika [the main heroine of the game] say some very random and occasionally funny comments when you recruit him.

I'm curious as to how this glitch occurred as well, since is the first time I've ever heard of such a glitch for the game.
Helel
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Feng » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:37 pm

I haven't actually tried it for myself but supposedly the way to unlock him is that in the tutorial chapter [the one where the game teaches movement and such] you have to have the two characters constantly skip turns until a conversation starts up between Seth and Erika. Later in the chapter where you get Joshua [the swordsman] one of the bandits that show up in the lower left screen should have a different sprite. Have Erika talk to him and you should be able to 'recruit' him.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Garath the Shadowshifter » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:55 pm

The first couple to come to mind are:

The classic 'Floating Proxemity Mines' in Goldeneye 007 for the N64.

Another cool looking one is on the Forth Naruto game for the GameCube. (You have to import it)

If both Cursed Seal Sauske's fire off the 'giant fireball' at the same time toward each other, they'll merge and stay in the air during the match.

You have to be VERY CAREFUL with that glitch though, because anymore fireballs stuck up there will actually fry the GameCube.
This Party's Getting CRAZY! LET'S ROCK!!
Garath the Shadowshifter
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Comartemis » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:15 pm

Ah yes, the floating prox mines. Heh, I had a lot of fun with those.
Comartemis
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Lucky » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wErEOOL7kU

The title on the page says it all. Looks like it may be a easter egg thow...
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Metroidvania » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:18 pm

A mix between Missingno and the glitch in Kotor where you can infinitely recieve items.

Made for a fun time the second playthrough.

I haven't heard of the Sacred Stones one either, it looks quite interesting to try.

As for that dumpster trick...if it's true.....whoa. Who'd of thought of trying something like that in the first place?
Spammaster Rank A
Metroidvania
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Lucky » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:32 pm

Did you read how you unlock the "I would of been your daddy" skull in halo 3?

http://www.halo3planet.com/halo-3-skull ... byd-skull/

That's right. Jump threw the holograms on the 7 halos in the same order the notes for the halo theam song plays. I want to know is how ANYONE would of guessed that.
Lucky
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:35 pm

I love abusing infinate items/free equipment/money harvest glitches in games. I have five at the top of my list right now.

Original Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSX: Duplicate swords through the best fit at a store with two swords support skill equipped. A whole party with Chaos Blades mwahahaha.

Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion: A neat trick where you can duplicate most equipment as to as many in number as the scrolls you are carrying. This only works if you have all the updates for the game. Lovely way to make money in a game where money is probably the only thing hard to get.
Prepatch cheat with the lord of Skingrad and completing the Vampire Cure quest where you can get him to pay you the reward over and over.

Kotor 1 cheat with the underwater doorway where you can dupe most of your equipment over and over and then sell off the extras for more credits. I also recall there is a cheat earlier in the game to get that blaster from the arena combat on the first planet over and over as well for some early money.

Final Fantasy 7: X-item materia and choosing and then canceling on an item. 99 Mega-elixers thank you.

Original Wild Arms for the PSX: Item glitch where you switch around items in your inventory after having Cecilia use mystic on one of them which results in 255 of the item you switched around. Ragu O' Ragla (or however it was spelled) is easy with 255 scape goats.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Re: I Love Glitches...

Postby Duck » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:24 am

I only really know how to do ONE glitch: The Gambit Glitch.

In Marvel Vrs Capcom 2, there's a way to win with a perfect, and only do one combo.

First off, have a team, and Gambit as your front man. Since you start off with a single power bar, that's all you need. Just do a quick combo, or just a few moves, but keep that power bar.

Get up to your rival, and do the snap back (quarter circle forward and either assist button) which will send off the guy and bring in one of his other computer guys. RIGHT when he jumps in, you have to do the Cajun Strike (Hold down, UP Kick) and Gambit will jump to the wall, and then leap straight up in the air, off the screen. And he WON'T COME DOWN.

So because of that, he's un beatable. Your enemy has lost due to time out, and it can even be in the first 3 seconds.

I, only do this on the computer players, doing it against people is just not fair.
Accessories

Shonen Ai Badger Badge
ANCEINT GOLD YAOI MANGA

my comic (not updated in a bit)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Art_table_of_Duck/

My DA account
http://theduckofanime.deviantart.com/
Duck
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Next

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)