Changeling: the Lost - Thoughts?

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Postby Kether » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:19 pm

The Fungus from Yuggoth wrote:
Kether wrote:I'd say yes. The idea of accident being the entire source seems abit weak especially when you need large numbers for certain styles of play.. while I can see it as an option..((and it looks like that iwll be added in equinox road) it comes down to needing the fairy to take you.. now it could be "the fairy take you to be champion of.." but then we start to get into escapist fun fairy time..

Maybe, but I like scenarios where sh*t happens when fate throws you a curve ball and you have to deal with the aftermath. And there are fairy tales where a hapless human will wander off into faerieland for a few hours only to emerge several decades later. As for the faeire champion escapism thing, it'd depend on how you choose to play it. the Fae may tell you that you're going to be a champion of light and love only to use you as it's personal assassin to get slaughter changelings that no longer intrests the "noble" Fae Lord.

But the majority of the tales are of people taken.. and randomness would be alot harder to justify massive freeholds. You'd have a promethean situation....

And the game can still cater to that, but even then you have to say "why did these other changelings rebel" which gets to the whole "the fairy was a nasty person who did nasty things".
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby The Fungus from Yuggoth » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:28 pm

Kether wrote: "the fairy was a nasty person who did nasty things".

Can't that basically be said about all of the Keepers as presented in the book? I'd say someone driven by alien desires and has no sense of empathy and can't feel guilt is an all around nasty bastard, regardless of species.

Again, I'm not saying there should be a vast multitude of accidental changelings; I just don't think it'd be unreasonable to say that a small minority of changelings came about by accident as opposed to design.
Believe in the magic of reading...or I'll @#$%ing kill you!!!

The Fungus from Yuggoth: MSF's friendly misanthrope and optimistic nihilist!

*Adoptive mother of Mendokusee and Sheendo! ^_^*

The Fungus from Yuggoth
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Kether » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:32 pm

The Fungus from Yuggoth wrote:
Kether wrote: "the fairy was a nasty person who did nasty things".

Can't that basically be said about all of the Keepers as presented in the book? I'd say someone driven by alien desires and has no sense of empathy and can't feel guilt is an all around nasty bastard, regardless of species.

Again, I'm not saying there should be a vast multitude of accidental changelings; I just don't think it'd be unreasonable to say that a small minority of changelings came about by accident as opposed to design.

That's what I am saying while there might be afew accidents, and afew loyalists who see the light, one has to present the "Average" changeling before one can over come that..
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby The Fungus from Yuggoth » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:41 pm

Alright, alright, you're right; there does need to be a "standard" changeling archtype before you start presenting new ones. Well, with the few story related dissapointments aside, I got nuthin against the game. I would have liked to see a more free form magic system, but oh well; I'm pretty sure the Changeling crew will have a supplement with new contracts or rules to make your own (I'd personally like to see the latter; how awesome would it be to make a pact with technology and get it to do whatever the hell you wanted?)
Believe in the magic of reading...or I'll @#$%ing kill you!!!

The Fungus from Yuggoth: MSF's friendly misanthrope and optimistic nihilist!

*Adoptive mother of Mendokusee and Sheendo! ^_^*

The Fungus from Yuggoth
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Previous

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)