My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Want to discuss something but don't feel like being General about it? We've got you covered~! Within is the place for all things entertainment, from the media side of things. Movies, Books, Games, Roleplaying Games, all are welcome here~

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:40 pm

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will be in IDW's comic book line in November 2012. The comic will feature the adventures of Twilight Sparkle and the Mane 6, as well as the rest of the citizens of Ponyville and the other characters.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Season 3 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic premiered on November 10, 2012, and introduced the Crystal Kingdom and the major antagonist, King Sambra an unicorn whose heart was filled with darkness.

Synopsis: As Princess Celestia was preparing for her daily tasks, a guard rushed into the throne room in Canterlot and announced "Your Majesty, It has returned..." The Solar Princess then dispatched the guards to send her niece, Princess Cadence and her husband, Shining Armor, to the Crystal Kingdom to the north, and then summoned her faithful student, Twilight Sparkle, for an important mission.

Twilight Sparkle, ever the studious unicorn, arrived in Canterlot with Spike the Dragon and the rest of the Mane 6 in tow. After a private audience with Princess Celestia, Twilight accepts the mission and heads off to the Crystal Kingdom with Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Spike, and Fluttershy to assist Shining Armor and Princess Cadence with the Crystal Kingdom. They decide to interview the Crystal Ponies and the local Librarian for information. Princess Cadence's magic was waning as she was attempting to keep King Sombra from attacking the Crystal Kingdom. She did not stop to sleep or eat during her vigil. Twilight decides to do some research and discovers a history book about the Crystal Kingdom. The Mane 6 hold a Crystal Fair and invite all the Crystal Ponies to come and partake of the food and fun to help them remember all the good things they did before King Sombra took over their land. Eventually, Sombra attacks and Twilight and Spike discover a hidden passage in the throne room, including a door that causes ponies to come face to face with their greatest fears. They need the Crystal Heart to activate to restore the Crystal Kingdom back to its former glory, according to the last page in the book. Meanwhile, the Mane 6 must keep the Crystal Ponies busy at the fair and away from a fake Crystal Heart until Twilight completes her mission.

Check out this 2 part episode on Youtube and new episodes on the HUB.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Season 3 Episode 4 of My Little Pony FiM is entitled "Too Many Pinkie Pie's."

Pinkie Pie clones herself using a magical spring to help hang out with her friends. When Ponyville is overrun by Pinkie Pie clones, can her friends discover who the real Pinkie Pie is and send the clones back to where they came from?

A new Episode entitled "One Bad Apple" focuses on Apple Bloom's cousin Babs Seed, who comes to visit Ponyville from Manehattan for the week. She ends up being a bully and hanging out with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon during the Summer Harvest Parade and Festival. Babs eventually joins the Cutie Mark Crusaders and the CMC's learn a valuable lesson in letting an adult know about bullying.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 pm

The next episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is entitled "A Magic Duel".

The return of the Great and Powerful Trixie (from Boast Busters) and a magical amulet known as the Alicorn Amulet is indroduced. Trixie challenges Twilight Sparkle to a magic duel and forces her to leave Ponyville. Twilight then heads to Zecora's and trains to help Trixie remove the amulet with a little help from her friends. Twilight uses a spell to change Applejack and Rarity into fillies (actually a slight of hand and costumes to make Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle appear to be like their older siblings). She also claims to change Applejack into a stallion (actually Big MacIntosh) and age Applejack to an older mare (Granny Smith).
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:38 pm

December 8, 2012 - New Episode "Sleepless in Ponyville"

Scootaloo wants to go on a camping trip in the woods near Ponyville with her fellow Cutie Mark Crusaders, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack take the Crusaders camping for the weekend. Rainbow Dash tells scary stories of the Headless Horse and the Olden Pony missing her rusty horseshoe to the girls, giving Scootaloo nightmares. Princess Luna appears in Scootaloo's dreamscape and helps her to have a peaceful dream.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Wonderbolt Academy:

Rainbow Dash gets invited to the Wonderbolt Academy for the week by Spitfire, team captain of the Wonderbolts. There, she goes through boot camp and meets Lightning Dust, a fellow Pegasi who becomes team leader to Rainbow Dash's wingpony. Can Rainbow Dash handle the training of the Wonderbolt Academy and the unorthodox style of Lightning Dust to pursue her dream of being in the Wonderbolts?
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Next episodes are:

One Bad Apple -- A new pony named Babs Seed arrives in Ponyville from Manehattan. She is the cousin of Apple Bloom, Apple Jack, and Big MacIntosh. Babs starts to become a bully to the Cutie Mark Crusaders because she does not want to be bullied by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon for being a Blank Flank. Includes the song "Bad Seed".

Apple Family Reunion - Apple Jack convinces Granny Smith to oversee the annual Apple Family Reunion. Everypony from Appleoosa (Braeburn), Manehattan (Babs Seed), and other places in Equestria who are members of the Apple Family arrive to take part in the activities. Granny Smith and her older relatives work on a family quilt, while the younger ones learn how to make Apple-based products. like Apple Fritters. Apple Bloom and Babs participate in a 7 legged race. Later, the barn gets destroyed before the family's photo, prompting Apple Jack to organize the final activity; a barn raising. After the barn is repaired and painted, the family gathers at the barn and a photo is taken. There is a Raising the Barn song and a letter sent to Princess Celestia about honoring your family traditions.

Spike at Your Service - Apple Jack saves Spike from a pack of Timber Wolves near the Everfree Forest. Spike's Dragon Honor Code states he must serve Apple Jack until his debt is paid. Apple Jack needs her friends to help create a situation with the Timber Wolves and save Apple Jack to pay back the debt.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Keep Calm and Flutter On - Princess Celestia requests the Elements of Harmony Bearers to reform the Draquueneus Discord in time for a summit in Equestria. She then enchants the Elements so Discord won't steal them, and he is freed from his stony prison. Can Fluttershy, the wielder of the Element of Kindness, be able to reach out and reform Discord, or will Ponyville and Equestria become Discord's playground of chaos?

The episode features John DeLancie returning to voice Discord.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Just For Sidekicks and Games Ponies Play are two episodes that preceed the season 3 finale.

Spike the Dragon convinces his pony friends to watch their pets while they go visit Princess Cadence and Shining Armor in the Crystal Kingdom in Just For Sidekicks. This episode also features the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Zecora the Zebra, Granny Smith, and the pets: Opalesence (Rarity's cat), Angel Bunny (Fluttershy's rabbit), Winona (Apple Jack's dog), Owliycious (Twilight Sparkle's Owl), Gummy (Pinkie Pie's baby alligator), and Tank (Rainbow Dash's Tortoise).

In Games Ponies Play, the Mane Six visit the Crystal Kingdom and await the Equestria Games inspector, Ms. Harshwinny. The ponies attempt to convince Ms. Harshwinny to consider the Crystal Kingdom for the site of the Equestria Games. They mistake a tourist, Ms. Peachbottom for the Games Inspector (since she and Ms. Harshwinny have the same decorative luggage).

The finale of Season 3 was entitled Magical Mystery Cure. This episode has many musical numbers, including Good Morning Ponyville, Because That is What my Cutie Mark Says (the Destiny Song), A Friend in Need (Twilight accidently switches her friends' Cutie Marks and Destinies, prompting her to write a new spell save her friends). After her successful attempt to restore her friends to their correct jobs, Princess Celestia bestows on Twilight Sparkle ....wait for it...Alicornhood!
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AshK » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:40 pm

That was a great episode, but it seemed to be a bit rushed. I liked it though. Makes me wonder what Season 4 will bring. It seems that Season 4 is the last season of the series. It still says TBD for the start date of it., but it will contain 26 episodes.
AshK
Postimus Maximus
Postimus Maximus

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Yeah, Season 3 had some great moments, such as the Return of the Crystal Kingdom and the Crystal Ponies. King Sombra as an antagonist was not as effective as say, Queen Chrysallis (The Queen of the Changelings), or Discord from Season 2, but his evil door trap and endless spiral staircase created challenges for our main protagonists, Spike and Twilight Sparkle to overcome. The Ballad of the Crystal Empire song was pretty cool, along with the Success/Failure Song and its reprise. A new stained glass window in the Royal Canterlot Castle depicts Spike's heroic efforts to bring the Crystal Heart to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor before King Sombra could seize it.

Applejack got to coordinate her family reunion and led her family to rebuild the barn with a rousing square dance number (Raise this Barn).

Apple Bloom and the Cutie Mark Crusaders dealt with bullying in "One Bad Apple" (Babs Seed, Apple Bloom's cousin, acted like a bully so she would not be teased by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon for being a Blank Flank).

Spike got to take care of the pets while the girls went to the Crystal Kingdom to help Princess Cadence (Britt McKillup) and Shining Armor (Andrew Francis) convince Ms. Harsh Winny to allow the Equestrian Games to be held in the Crystal Kingdom. I laughed as Spike kept losing his gems he wanted to use for his Gem cake he was making to various characters like Granny Smith, Zecora, Donut Joe, the Conductor on the train, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Discord semi-reformed in "Keep Calm and Flutter On". That was a Fluttershy episode. By what purpose would Chaotic magic be used for good? Celestia did not explain clearly why she needed Discord reformed. John DeLancie reprised Discord's voice for that episode.

A new Spinoff, Entitled Equestria Girls, will be debuting in the Spring. The Mane 6 and Trixie will be going to Earth as humans and attending high school. Tara Strong (Twilight Sparkle) Ashleigh Ball (AppleJack and Rainbow Dash), Andrea Libman (Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy), Nicole Oliver (as Princess Celestia) and Kathleen Barr (as Trixie) will reprise their roles for this cartoon series.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:25 pm

Well, MLP Friendship is magic ended with season 9. They had a movie in Oct. 2017 which introduced Hippogryphs, Abyssians (feline-like creatures), The Storm King, and Tempest Shadow aka Fizzlepop Berrytwist.

Season 8 introduced the school of friendship, where all creatures and ponies can learn about each other and about friendship. They introduced a group of students that included Sandbar the earth pony, Yona the Yak, Silverstream the Hippogryph/Seapony, Ocellus the reformed changeling, Smolder the Dragon, and Gallus the Gryphon. They also introduced Cozy Glow who ended up joining up with Lord Tirek and Queen Chrysalis the former changeling queen.

There were several Equestria Girls movies and a Pony Life series. Followed by a new Netflix movie and animated series called MLP: a New Generation and Tell your tale and make your mark.

Season 4 finale introduced the centaur Lord Tirek and his quest for world domination. Weird Al Yankovic voiced Cheese Sandwich, a travelling party planner who wants to help make Rainbow Dash's birthday party amazing. Pinkie Pie learns to work with Cheese Sandwich and become close friends.

The Map of Equestria was introduced for season 5 where Twilight's new castle alerts the group to friendship problems and they go help. Starlight Glimmer (Kelly Sheridan) was the villain of season 5 but by the end of season 5, she reformed and became a part of the main cast, learning about friendship and meeting new challenges. Ember the Dragon became Dragon Lord, a title once held by her father, Torch in Gauntlet of Fire.

Smolder the Dragon helps her brother Garble in Sweet and Smoky as she, Spike, and Fluttershy go to the Dragonlands and help Ember with dragon egg hatching.

They really picked up some guest voices like Lena Hall as Coloratura for The Mane Attraction. Sia voiced Songbird Serenade for the MLP Movie with Liev Schrieber as Storm King and Emily Blunt as Tempest Shadow. Rachel Bloom voiced Autumn Blaze, a Kirin for an episode featuring the Kirins (Sounds of Silence).
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:17 pm

A decent chunk of the show I haven't really watched and I don't have the same amount of attachment to it that others do, so I can't really call myself a "fan" in the truest sense. Not to say it doesn't have its worth, though; anything that gets me to write fanfiction for it is good enough for me.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Previous

Return to Anime, Manga, and Games (Oh My!)