Links Get a facelift

Announcements about this site and others.

Links Get a facelift

Postby Amber » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:04 pm

Tell us what ya thing. DO you like this change, don't like this change and what links would you want added to MSF.

http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/links.htm
Just your everyday friendly neighborhood sorceress.
Amber
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:11 pm

Aww... But the links page wasn't done yet. The rollover adaption, anyway. It could have looked better before introduction. Ah, well. Not like I know what's going on with anything anyway. ^_^;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jayme » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:44 pm

Alright >.> ill be absolutely honest here...

I thought the title said "Link gets a facelift" O.o I was expecting a TG Link from The Legend of Zelda or something..

The page looks... decent.. but perhaps you could make the wording smaller? or group the links closer together? not that it looks bad... but it looks 'old school' HTML <.<
Girl Gamer! & Black Dragon!

Current Projects: Siderian Realm, Mirror Realm, Photobucket Project 26? (lost track), 3 mystery projects, sorting out my characters..
Jayme
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Location: A realm of mirror sitting on my throne observing...

Postby Sophia Anieri » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:48 pm

I think it would be much better if the boxes for the link categories were sized according to the number of links. As is, all that blank space in the ones with fewer links looks odd.
Tell me, for what price would you give up hope?
Would you follow the will o' the wisp of the brightest morning star?
How far?
Sophia Anieri
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Daffodil Aura » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:31 pm

You might want to consider removing The Secondgate. The comic hasn't been updated in months and months, November last time I checked. Captions were removed at the time the comic went "live," and I think the stories section never got converted to the new format... Not exactly a destination with anything to offer anyone here right now.

Other than that... my impression is that there is too much "white space" - the links are spread apart too far from each other in the listings, and the boxes are too big for the content contained therein. It appears as if each box is set at a fixed size, rather than scaled according to the size needed...

And honestly, due to the size of things and the way they laid out on the way my browser was set up (and the fact that I use the scroll wheel rather than looking for the scroll bar on the right) it appeared as if there were only the English tf/tg links....
The eye may see the body, but the heart sees the spirit.
Daffodil Aura
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:34 pm

And everything pointed out was exactly what I waiting to fix before it was shown. XD The fixed size of the link areas was because of the tables that I made, which I made the same size for each before determining a specific size. Which I didn't get around to because I wanted to tackle the word size first, but I don't know much about CSS to determine why adding tables made the text size change. O.o But, while I was in the shower a few minutes ago, I figured out how to fix all of the problems and set it up so you can see all of the links without having to scroll the window itself at all. Because I know that, even shortening the length that the page goes down by a fourth (as things are set up with the seperate sections), it would still require a lot of scrolling. But I won't be getting to work on it until Sunday... Starting tomorrow I'm actually going to go out camping for three days. So hold on, Amber! We shall make it purr-tee! *_* (I don't know why I didn't think of this idea before. XD)
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:04 pm

Well it would be nice to have the banners for the sites that have them. But other than that nice work.

For games you could add http://www.gamefaqs.com/ and http://www.gamewinners.com/.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Stellar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:37 pm

omg XD I honestly didnt know there was anything under the english tf/tg links. Like Aura said, I use the scroll wheel, and my window size is about exactly the size of the english tf links table so I never figured there was anything further to see >.>
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Amber » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:08 am

Well thanks to Hime-chan for helping point out what might be the problem. SO I gave it a few cosmetic tweeks and it looks pretty good now.

What ya guys think now? Also if you can help me come up with better describtions for sites that be great.
Just your everyday friendly neighborhood sorceress.
Amber
MSFer
MSFer

Postby hime-chan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:37 am

we've tried making the table smaller, but it sort of... goes crazy.... when we do it... so we think it might be better with more links
hime-chan
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Anamnesis » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:39 pm

And I was just going to bring that table size into question, too. As long as everyone has tried...But, are there that many links to put there?
Helel: It's not murder if the person is an idiot. <_<
<Helel> Zeiss is a god.
Anamnesis
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby hime-chan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:40 am

Not that we know of... but I'm sure we can find...some...
hime-chan
Forum Browser
Forum Browser

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:11 pm

Well, I'm back, so tables will soon not be an issue. w00tf1shst1cks!
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Selena Aninikkou » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:08 pm

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:but I don't know much about CSS to determine why adding tables made the text size change. O.o

Historically, tables have inherited CSS styles oddly (it goes back to a couple of errors in NN4 concerning tables); usually, it's a good idea, if you're going to use tables, to set a font size directly on the table tag to avoid it.
ImageImageImage
Popful Mail rules ^^
Selena Aninikkou
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:39 pm

I didn't know that you could put that in the table tag. Huh. Though I guess that I shouldn't be surprised since I had found out about table background images through experimentation since I hadn't come across such information and was curious. The standard HTML learning stuffs that I went through years ago left out some nifty stuffs. :( Though maybe my free sources were just plain lacking. XD
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to News