Guys, I ask politly....

Announcements about this site and others.

Guys, I ask politly....

Postby Lady Sakura » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:47 am

With every once of patience I have left in my body, Please! Please! PLEASE!!! Cut me a little slack....

Whether you guys noticed or not I've spent 18+ hours in the past 4 days, sitting on AOL or IRC, hearing complaints from currently counting 71+ people mods included....

This isn't counting the PM's, or the emails, I havn't gotten to them yet... if you sent them thru that method, I'm still really behind...

This was all time I could have dedecated to bettering the site, which is my dearest dream right now, we are compiling a team to reformat the site into total php, which will be finished hopefully before the 17th of January, and if I have to spend long nights working on it I will!

Because I care about MSF, I know alot of you guys don't see me post very much, or chat in the big chat rooms often, or participate in the best RP's, or sometimes I havn't been able to talk when you IM me...

I'm really, really sorry about that.... but like I've said before every secoond I've been at the PC I've been swarmed...

Mod meetings, private discussions with posters, with mods... with anon emails...

Guys, are you trying to snap me in half? I'm only one person....

I am sorry for not keeping everybody informed as they probly should have been...

I understand that some of you disagree with the recent promotions, I also understand that some of you think you would make better mods than our current ones...

This may be true, it may not be....

But please! for the best of the whole community, can we all just see how things flow normally??

If things get out of hand (Ie: a mod goes power hungry)
I swear to you I will take "Firm" disiplinary action...

But lets not judge these promotions before they even have a chance to prove themselves!!!

All I ask for now, is that you guys, just get along... and just wait and see how these changes go...

I'm not in this for the glory... (Its a part/full time job) I'm not in this for the money ( I don't get any, in fact MSF is a debt )

The only reason I'm in this is so I can be in a community where people understand me, and eachother, and we can all enjoy eachothers company... and the 4 goals listed which I quote all the time...

As a final note, due to very popular demand, I will be re-realeasing the top reasons I promote someone, so you guys have a better understanding of why...

That being said... thank you....
Oh! Kawaii!!
Lady Sakura
Inactive Moderator
Inactive Moderator

Postby ZeroForever » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:37 am

71+ people complaints :shock: ...... i didn't even know that there were that many active member....
-.-;;

well it's good to see you putting in effort, don't know what everyone is bugging you about but i hope that the workload decreases and that you feel better.
the anti-thesis of myself... come see, feel, know the truth beyond truths it'll just cost your soul.....
Overlords+Magic+Tropes=TF TG and flying jigglypuffs... among other things
ZeroForever
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Kijo » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:18 am

O_o 71+ people o_O complaining to you and more in PM/Email....GEEZUS and crackers people calm down its not a big deal really!!

Take a deeeep breath and realize we have Mods, SuperMods, and Admins, etc not to control us, but to keep the community from going and crumbling into ashes!

Lets all just calm down like I said, its not really a big deal yanno, its not like Amber, Kerina, or Kimiko weren't suited for the spots and like their gonna abuse their power, and besides even if they do Sakura is still top-dog, and I for one respect her opinion, so yeah everyone back off of Sakura a bit, ne? I mean most of you know how it is to juggle RL and MSF...and its a bit harder for an admin -.-; I know this from experience! and guys we just got Sakura back after her hiatus with RL and such ^-^;; lets not drive her off again with this stuff before she gets dragged away by RL and such!

heh either way...Apprentess, Sensei, Lady, LoreMistress, Princess, Handmaiden, Empyrean, Kunoichi, Tsaritsa, Kanchou, Nurse, etc, etc....their just titles their still the same people they were before, their a spot of authority not power, and unless you incur their wrath somehow then you shouldn't have a reason to be uncomfortable as most, if not all of the mods are extremely calm and just, in most matters, sure they have slip ups or off days, but again EVERYONE has slip-ups and off days, their just posters, their here to look out for the best interest of us, and whether they be SuperMods, or Normal Mods, or Admins. Their still normal posters, they just look out for us and such, and make sure we dont make mistakes, and break-up fights, etc....but you're just as powerful as they are in most cases so dont feel uncomfortable and dont take it all out on Sakura and the like....

but im just rambling now >.>;; *bows a bit!* I hope that made sense!

And Sakura I hope things get better in your work schedule and life and such, dont let people bum ya out with this stuff! and dont let people stress ya out! and most importantly!!! *poke* :P *hug*
"Cute is when a person's personality shines through their looks. Like in the way they walk, or the way they talk, where every time you see them you just want to run up and hug them tightly."
Kijo
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Location: In the realm of Fantasy searching for the ultimate flavor of pie! @.@!

Postby Ninian » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:43 am

You handle it better than I would. Not that this is saying much, but granted...

*begins wiring an automated response e-mail for Sakura where if someone e-mails her with a complaint, they get an Ovalisk sent back*
Ninian
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Tomoyo-chan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:38 am

*huggles Sakira* People don't know this but one of the most difficult jobs a mod has and even an admin is to what to say and how to say it. As well as what will be for the good of the community. We can't please all the people all the time but we can try to do the best job er can with the information wr have.

For those that know I play a game called Adventurequest online. It is a fun little RPG with the staff active in the community. that being said there rarely a thank you thread or a great job thread on there Message board. Instead there complains that a weapon isn't strong enough, A monster doesn't give enoigh EXP or gold. I accidently sold my X can I get it back. I didn't get a chance to do X event please piease it back up.

I would Like to all of you for the next month of so to take this into consideration. Though complaints can be valueable sources of information. Do I really need to send this to Sakura or can one of the other mods handle it. Especially if it is directed at a certain mod. We are human for the most part and can;t readily see our flaws but please try first to talk to the mod you have a problem with before seeing Sakura, Eirien or Kimiko. Also please send any complents you have as well. Some times we do need a moral boost and your cheerful comments might make our day.

I know some people are worried about the number of mods around here and felt that MSF is trying to censor you. That isn't true mostly the number of mods was by accident. In all fairness MSF probabily could go on with fewet mods but we are not trying to stifle you. We want you to be the person you want to be and help continue to make MSF grow.

Another consern is about the supermods. Kerina-chan and I are only here to help the princesses and to be there if problems do arise. A good example is this. I don't really care fo all the politcal banter that goes on in the tea room and I know some people don't like it either, but I respect Shiko and her domain if she doesn't mind it, who am I to say no.

There probabily be more suprises in the future some people wil like and some people don't like but in the end. It should prove interesting.
Tomoyo wrote:Whatever your thoughts may be, if you don’t say them, none of them will be acknowledged by others.
Tomoyo-chan
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Postby Kijo » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:49 am

umm complaints should stop if you have anything to say there is now the:

Comments board

Where you can give suggestions and comments on the site and such. I dont see why some complaints/comments on events/actions/changes cant be placed there and then all the mods/board look over it and discuss if official action is needed but thats just my opinion!
"Cute is when a person's personality shines through their looks. Like in the way they walk, or the way they talk, where every time you see them you just want to run up and hug them tightly."
Kijo
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Location: In the realm of Fantasy searching for the ultimate flavor of pie! @.@!

Postby Lady Sakura » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:08 pm

one quick comment about the 71+

You are correct, there isn't that many really active posters... I am getting IM's from some lurkers too....

Its really sad when someone who just reads the site and observes complains to me about the envoriment....
Oh! Kawaii!!
Lady Sakura
Inactive Moderator
Inactive Moderator

Postby Kijo » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:13 pm

Lady Sakura wrote:You are correct, there isn't that many really active posters... I am getting IM's from some lurkers too....

Its really sad when someone who just reads the site and observes complains to me about the envoriment....

O_o uhh yah thats not cool, lurkers have no right to complain ^^ until of course they step from the shadows and do something to make a difference and earn the right >.>; or something maybe, but you never truly earn the right to complain about anything especially small stuff like this situation <.<
Kijo
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Alyta » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:15 pm

As a long-time lurker (MSF is the first board I've not just lurked and read in quiet), I agree. If you want to change something, be active, and if you want to complain about something, please be a part of it first. Even a post once or twice so others know that you are about, or throw in your two cents to a discussion or two. It's not hard, and it's rewarding and fun to talk to people.

To complain when you're not contributing to the thing that you are complaining about is spiteful and simply pointless, because any changes won't affect you anyway. It's the equivalent of complaining about the result of an election when they didn't bother to try voting. Some people might argue about 'the principle of it'. This is nonsense, if principle mattered then you would take action and get involved. It's simply reactionary conservatism complaining about change.

Mini-rant done now.

That said... *hugs Sakura*
This space for rent...
Alyta
Active MSFer
Active MSFer

Postby Jedi Manala » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:25 pm

Well, here is my whole mini spiel I guess.

Sakura and I had a nice long conversation last night. I know that I probably whined and complained a little, I hope that it wasn't all like that. I attempted to give some honest, thought out, and caring analysis, advice and comments on things that have been occuring here on MSF.

However, if I contributed to your stress (which I now believe that I did), I appologize. I was really not trying to make your life harder my lady, but to help.

If it worked in the opposite direction, I am sorry.

If there is anything else that I can personally do to help, please do not hesitate to contact me.
So it's possible there's an alternate version of myself out there that actually understands what the hell you're talking about? [O'Neill]
I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this? [O'Neill]
Jedi Manala
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:16 pm

I was luking for a short time. I started to wonder why there wasn't that many updates. I original joined the boards because I wanted to know when updates where going to be posted but then it became such a fun place that a gradaully posted in more areas of the boards. Now, I couldn't imagine life without MSF. This place makes life a little more easier.

So Thank you Sakura and MSF.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Lady Sakura » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:18 pm

Lol, thats gotta be the best lurker story I ever heard.... thanks Kumi
Oh! Kawaii!!
Lady Sakura
Inactive Moderator
Inactive Moderator

Postby Raijin » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:20 pm

Sakura, I always glad to see you around and I can understand how hard it can be to do stuff. I'd just like to say I appreciate everything you do to keep this site going. Its always nice to know there is a place for me to gather ^^
穏やかな激怒
Raijin
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Sasha » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:26 pm

Nya good think i've been behaving and not yelling ta Sakura-chan. Well you just keep up the good job Lady Sakura *bows* Nya you get any more complaints just let Akemi's Ovilisks take care of em or I shall battle them in sword combat NYA!
Sasha
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Coruscate » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:09 pm

In a way, you're like a leader of an army, or a CEO. My best friend who is also my business partner and the president of the first company I joined likened his role to being "the guy in the middle of the gate with the axe."

It's not an easy job. But Kijo raises the best point, don't run to Sakura first, she has the hardest job. Ask yourself where you can start the process of change at...
"god knows I don't go through life trying to be normal. Peculiar suits me just fine."
-Xia

Deviant Art
Coruscate
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Next

Return to News