I'm gonna be a regular guy! Woo!

Announcements about this site and others.

I'm gonna be a regular guy! Woo!

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:23 pm

Sometime soon I'll be a user like most of you, not an admin or a mod. Remember all of those times that you wished you could get back at me without getting banned? Well, I hope you don't remember. I know I don't.

Anyway, it goes without saying that things that should be sent to an admin or mod shouldn't be sent to me anymore. The admin you should seek is Sensei Kimiko, and the new guy. I won't mention said new guy since I figure they should have their own introduction rather than a mention in a post like this.

And don't pester Kimiko with questions about this. The best person to ask is the person writing this post. You know, what's-their-face. But I can tell you that it's nothing worth asking about, since it's my decision and I'm not known for being sensible. Agreeing to be a mod way back when wasn't a sensible choice, so really this decision goes back that far (at least). But why I'm here like this is a blockbuster, a smash-hit of the season kind of movie that will never be seen in theaters, much less video. Just assume you've read a five-starred, two-thumbs-up post that you'll want to read again and again, and share with the whole family.

That's about it, I think. Now we just have to wait. In the meantime, don't send me any admin things that I may not be able to get to later. XD
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: I'm gonna be a regular guy! Woo!

Postby Haylie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:38 pm

What a shame. So I won't be able to bug you about my user-name anymore? Shoot. :lol:

What I never got was why didn't it say "Admin" in your little skirt-counter-thingy.
Zu fent wahl hin brii. Slen Ek Brit!
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Language

I haz Deviant
Haylie
Postmonger
Postmonger

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:25 pm

Because I don't care about being pretentious, I guess. I had it set that way when I had been a mod, too. At heart I'm never going to be the authoritative type, the leader type, and all that other stuff. There's really only one way I can be, and the rest is baggage.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:44 pm

so when do we get the new guy to womanize?
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:50 pm

Whenever Kimiko gets around to it. I'm too lazy to figure out how to make them an admin, myself. ;/
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kether » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:03 pm

But we have a fruit basket and everything
"I'M MALFEAS I CAN DO WHAT I WANT
WHATEVER I'VE GOT AM GONNA FLAUNT!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A ROCK OFF THAT I'VE EVER LOST!"
Kether
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Kumi-chan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:12 pm

So who is the new guy?
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:05 pm

The new guy is an old guy that's not so new at something old hat. How about that? :lol:
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kumi-chan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:36 pm

Okay then Nikkou. Thanks. Oddly that told me everything I needed to know.
Kumi-chan
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Jayme » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:10 am

I know this is kind of going off-topic and i'm hardly considered an active user anymore infact I think i've slipped down to lurker status but I do have a question..

How many mods are still around these days? Not 'around' but you know 'actively fulfilling their modly duties' not that they need to, it's just a question that i've been meaning to ask for a while now as it seems alot of them have become 'perma-side tracked' with that dreaded and heavily armored beast known as "Real Life" and it's vicious minion "School"..
Girl Gamer! & Black Dragon!

Current Projects: Siderian Realm, Mirror Realm, Photobucket Project 26? (lost track), 3 mystery projects, sorting out my characters..
Jayme
Quiet MSFer
Quiet MSFer

Location: A realm of mirror sitting on my throne observing...

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:46 am

Well, to be fair, there's really not much modding that needs to be done, with the exception of any required prunings.

But my honest opinion is that most have either gotten tied up with something in their life, with a greater priority, or just lost interest/found something more interesting. If I had to call any one of the mods active, I'd say that there are only two: Xia and Helel. That's because they manage stuff in IRC and come around to the boards (and post; that's important) when they can (since they do have lives and such).

It's not just the mods, though. Kimiko's last visit to MSF was two weeks ago, and Eirien last dropped by at the end of June. This is pretty discouraging to me, so it's a part of the reason for why I'm getting out of this, because I simply can't do much under these circumstances. I'm hoping that the person who succeeds me, who doesn't have the social problems that I do, can.

Other than that, I'm sure MSF could just be run by one person at this point. The window of the forum (the site) was ruined by Eirien and left unresolved, so... I don't expect the kind of growth that would require mods, in the near future. I'm depressed enough as it is, so I don't want to be as attached to MSF as I have been. I'm weening myself, I guess.

There. I managed to put some on-topic stuff in my answer to balance it out. :P
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Gee-chan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:05 pm

....wow....I really can't imagine you depressed. Or are you always depressed? If so I don't want to be nearby when you are hyper
I'm looking at the world through a Jaffa-cake filling.....

Let the loli's hit the floor.....

Things to do before you die: Number 57: Lunge wildly at The Pope!
Gee-chan
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:27 pm

I'm always depressed. But that doesn't mean that I can't pretend to be spunky so I don't bother people with it. :mrgreen:
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Xia » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:31 am

Empyrean Nikkou wrote:The new guy is an old guy that's not so new at something old hat. How about that? :lol:

Hello people of the world
~Between Sanity and Madness lies Genius
Between Genius and Madness I come~
Xia
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:23 am

Oh, good. Now make the administration control panel go away! U_U
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Next

Return to News