New MSF Site!

Announcements about this site and others.

Re: New MSF Site!

Postby Rowan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:38 am

It didn't load for me. Just a yellow background.
"Just because you're a brain dead ditzy cutesy violet girl, and generally non-dangerous, doesn't mean you can't be effective."

"Resistance is futi....fut....futi....umm....what's the word? Nevermind! Just eat the Tomapple!"
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Moonlit Naiad » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:26 am

Musashi wrote:Okay, tried out the FtM-side several times. :D

I thought it was pretty darn good! It was fun to read the different descriptions. Though I was wondering about the hair a bit... I kept getting pigtails. I dun think boys wear pigtails very much, ne? :o Not that they shouldn't~ But I don't think it's very common. ^^;
I seemed to get pigtails or girl-from-behind hair very often, so I guess the thing I'd recommend is maybe a few more hair options?

But overall, yeah, it's spifferific! *Sparkly thumbs-up!*

Yeah, hair was underdeveloped in relation to getting the rest of the blurbs out. Right now hair is set as style + colour + hairword + description. Description for boys only has 3 options at the moment. And the hairword currently isn't differentiated between girls and guys, which it really should be. When I update it for a second catalyst (with any luck, next weekend), I'll be sure to get the hair fixed, too - more options and less pigtails. (one in nine chance, regardless of 'destination,' but that should be split a little.

@Rowan: Is Javascript on?

edit: Hrm.... >.> *researches* Are you, by chance, using IE7 -- near as I can tell, it's a bug in the browser -- it doesn't recognize valid JavaScript for declaring constants. At least, when I fired up IE7 to look (I work with Firefox), it gave me a syntax error for the declaration, and had to look it up.

I might have to see about switching them to plain variable declarations instead, so it remains accessible to people, but.... try getting Firefox instead of IE? Neither is hardly a great option, though...
*POOF* Problem Solved.

星空ARRANGE
Moonlit Naiad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Rowan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:12 am

Yeah, I'm using IE7 :(
"Just because you're a brain dead ditzy cutesy violet girl, and generally non-dangerous, doesn't mean you can't be effective."

"Resistance is futi....fut....futi....umm....what's the word? Nevermind! Just eat the Tomapple!"
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Moonlit Naiad » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:31 am

@Rowan: I'll work on it tonight after work to make it cross-browser compatible. I'm sorry, I really should have at least looked at it in IE to make sure it works -- that's the only reason I have IE on the computer at all. Just with rushing to get it up on the first, I guess I cut too many corners. It also just never struck me that IE wouldn't recognize standard code. Usually the problem is people coding for IE using propriety extensions and having it be broken in Mozilla....

As long as there's no other issues, it will be an easy fix, but I might as well spend some time on making the hair style generation part of it a bit better too - kill two birds with one upload.
*POOF* Problem Solved.

星空ARRANGE
Moonlit Naiad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Loremistress Eirien » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:56 pm

Rowan wrote:Yeah, I'm using IE7 :(

Do the other Changing Rooms (as linked on the front page) work? They were designed to be cross-browser, but I don't have IE7 to test with.
Loremistress Eirien
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Rowan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Starting Here: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/changi ... index.html

I tried all of the options. All of them displayed something except the last one. None of them filled in any of the blanks though. The places where the variables would be plugged in were blank.

Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Taralynn » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Well, I'm not so sure about all these bugs and such but I liked the Changing Room addition. Was quite amusing. The Changing Room is something that I haven't really seen on the other TG sites so I find that the Changing Room to be something of a signature of MSF. So any love it gets is time well spent in my opinion. Great work, bugs and all. I can only hope it will rock more once those are worked out.
Taralynn's Desk- home of all my TG fics... read... comment... enjoy... please comment ;_;
Taralynn
Idle MSFer
Idle MSFer

Postby Loremistress Eirien » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:21 pm

Rowan wrote:Starting Here: http://www.magicalsailorfuku.net/changi ... index.html

I tried all of the options. All of them displayed something except the last one. None of them filled in any of the blanks though. The places where the variables would be plugged in were blank.

So there is an IE bug with the script. I'll have to look into it later. (Figures that something that works elsewhere doesn't work in IE)
Loremistress Eirien
Sensei
Sensei

Postby Rowan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:11 am

Thanks Eirien! ^_____^

And yes, I agree with the previous poster, the changing rooms really are a part of the MSF heritage hehe.

Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Moonlit Naiad » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:26 pm

Sent off v1.1 to E, so it should make it up to the site in the next day or so.

Changes from released version:
  • Works in IE7 (tested this time!) Should work in other versions of IE, but I don't have others to test with.
  • More intelligent hair generation. Boys only have a small chance of getting a girl's hairstyle, and "ponytail" and "pigtails" have been moved to the post-description, rather than replacing "hair" (some words can still replace the word hair, but now they are synonyms (mostly), rather than styles). Also, now, girls have a small chance of getting a boy's hairstyle. Some tweaks still needed, though. A few grammar tweaks in the hair generation system too - lemme know if you catch any subject-verb agreement issues there... (there's some in other places still, though...)
*POOF* Problem Solved.

星空ARRANGE
Moonlit Naiad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Rowan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Changing Room still isn't working for me, not sure if anyone's done anything with it lately. Had 3 funerals to go to this week so I haven't been keeping up with stuff going on.

Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Moonlit Naiad » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:18 pm

The non-updated one is still on the site, so E must be busy....
*POOF* Problem Solved.

星空ARRANGE
Moonlit Naiad
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Previous

Return to News