Um... Stuff!

Announcements about this site and others.

Um... Stuff!

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:44 pm

Alright, you scalawags; there's an update on the site. There are two new contests and things like that.

Also, I'd like to have a better idea of how the site looks/works on different browsers. You know, does anything seem off and stuff. My Firefox shows the site perfectly, but my IE7 shows a mess. Selena has probably covered for IE5 and IE6, so any problems will probably be a result from someone else, like me. <.<;

So, um, yeah... I am sleepy. Me is going nighty-nights. *Falls over*
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Stellar » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:28 pm

*Stellar raises her hand*

I've a question!

Um. Is it okay to use real people in the art contest as long as you draw the three frames yourself?
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Musashi » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:17 pm

Just checkin'... for the caption contest, images from, say, advancedanime.com or 4chan or something are okay, right?
Item 1: ShounenAi Badger Badge
2: God of Bishounenkind Badge
3: FtM Badge

"Yer so funny in a harmlessly psychotic way ;-p" - Coru-moose

"You're like a ninja ferret on crack." - Zack

Dubbed "Moon Master" by Kata
Musashi
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Stellar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:38 am

As long as there's nothing near the image that say's 'copyright me muahahaha!' then of course. Besides, plenty of people i've found just tag their insignia or name trhough the middle of the image so people at least know who made it.

You'd better be comming up with awesome captions cause I plan on pulling out a few ideas I saved for a rainy day, then forgot about when the rainy day came, but remembered just in time to submit to MSF.

Or something? Make sence, do I? I've only have 2 hours of sleep and just got home from work and keep falling asleep typing... So good night.
~Wearing Vintage Misery~
Stellar
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:36 am

Stellar:

Real, as in people that exist? I'd say that famous people are probably alright, since a ton of people know them. Otherwise I would recommend something that exists but not in reality, unless the creator wouldn't want it (like how some book authors restrict writing fanfiction of their stuff at Fanfiction.net).

Musashi:

Generally, if it looks copyrighted, I prefer to get proof that the captioner has permission. Not too long ago someone had made captions that had the Deviant art thing mixed in with the picture (you know, semi-transparent), so those never made it onto MSF because I had no proof that they had permission to use those. But Deviant art is one of the easiest copyright protection that I come across, and also one of the few. If there's an artist's name/insignia, I encourage that the artist's site, or wherever they have their images, is looked for. Although, from personal experience in those endeavors, I have rarely found any of the artists that I've looked for. And even images with addresses can lead to now-non-existent places.

So, in general, whatever you plan to use is best used if there's no name, copyrights, addresses and all that. Just the picture. And that does not apply to images that have been altered to take out any of the things mentioned above. That's naughty! :O
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to News